Saturday, June 5, 2010

What I'm Reading Now-Fables Vol. 2: Animal Farm

I will be away from civilization for a while, so I have scheduled a few posts to go up while I'm gone. Please feel free to leave comments, but just know that I probably won't be able to read or respond for a while.  So, please don't feel like your comments are being ignored-I will be super excited to read them when I finally get to them!

Fables Vol. 2: Animal FarmFables Vol. 2:  Animal Farm by Bill Willingham-While the human Fableland exiles can blend in with the regular city folk, the non-humans have been made to keep to themselves on a farm, and there is some dissension among the ranks.  When Snow White and Rose Red arrive for a regular visit, they find things amiss.  Treachery and trouble ensue!

I read this back in April for the Read-a-Thon.  I don't have a whole lot to say here-it was entertaining, but I don't think I liked it as much as Vol. 1.  I will probably still pick up the next volume though-they are easy to read and provide some light entertainment.

Other reviews:

Chris at Stuff as Dreams are Made On

That's the only other review I could find on short notice, so I'll ask if anyone else out there has read the Fables series.  I know there are more of you out there!  What did you think of Vol. 1 vs. Vol. 2, and how do they stack up to the rest of the series?

No comments: