Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bird does moonwalk, hippo licks croc, octopus eats shark

HAHA! That sounds like some wacky new animal version of Rock Paper Scissor. But it's not. It's just stuff that I think is cool in some way.

This bird cracks me up. I first saw this on "Nature" on PBS. Unfortunately, I can't seem to actually find any info on the show itself, but fortunately, YouTube has just what I was looking for! I don't know why, but I just find this ultimately entertaining. My favorite part is about 1 minute in when he does this little bouncy thing that you can't help but try to emulate yourself, which just leads to you sitting at your desk looking like a giant dork who thinks he looks super cool. Then, you imagine somebody walking by and catching you doing this (or, God forbid, somebody actually does walk by and catch you doing this), and you see yourself through their eyes, and you crack up because you realize you are sitting at your desk be-bopping around like a giant dork. Either way, it's great entertainment.



I was going to insert video of a hippo licking a crocodile here, but YouTube has disabled this feature for this video. So, if you want to watch it, you'll have to go here instead. I'm sure there's some sophisticated way around this, but I am not that sophisticated, so you're just going to have to go visit the site in person. I just think this is funny because A) Baby hippos sort remind me of my Basset hound, and my Basset hound is super cute and B) How indignant it must be to be a crocodile, top of the food chain, master predator, scariest beast on...hey, hey, stop that. Stop chewing on my tail. Stop that! Hey! No, no licking my eyes! I hate that! How humiliating.

My husband likes to dive, and he has a buddy who is a shark fanatic. Whenever they are in the water, they want to go find the sharks. This, of course, scares the bejeezus out of me. While most shark sightings in Hawaii are of the innocuous reef shark kind, tiger sharks have been known to take people out out here. So, I've decided that if they are going to continue to go out looking for sharks, they need to start taking an octopus with them for security.



Of course, they'll need to find like a 1,000-lb octopus, but still.

No comments: