Thursday, July 31, 2008

My winning stock pick!

Before I forget, I want to say thanks to Smarty over at Growing Money for hosting the June Stock Challenge. I entered and actually won a prize! The challenge was to pick a stock that you thought would do well over the course of the month, and, at the end of the month, whoever had the "best" stock would win, best meaning "the most percentage gains from the open price." I picked InBev NV (INB) and my stock actually LOST 10%, but it still did better than almost everyone else's picks, so I won a prize. I didn't win first prize-that actually went to someone whose stock went UP in value, but I came in second. Just goes to show that sometimes a bad thing can still be a good thing.


I hope there will be more stock challenges and that lots of people will participate! July participation seems to have fallen a bit flat, but I think that may have just been due to the timing of it. If you're thinking about investing but aren't quite sure if you want to jump in, this might be a fun way to test the waters without having to worry about actually losing any money. You might find that you enjoy the game or you might realize that it's just too stressful not knowing what is going to happen from day to day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, how is it going? Hopefully we can get more participate for the next stock challenge.