Saturday, August 28, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Seeeester

Twenty-seven years ago, I was staying at Grandma and Grandpa's house, waiting to find out whether I had a new brother or sister.  Dad finally pulled into the driveway, got out of the car, and handed me a stack of quarters.  (A dollar?  50 cents?)  It took me a second to realize that this meant I had won our bet-it was a girl, not a boy!  I knew it would be (read:  desperately wanted it to be)!  Yay!  I had a sister!

That night, or maybe the next day, I got to go to the hospital and hold her.  Back then, she was just a wrinkly kid with a lot of hair.  She still has a lot of hair, but she's not wrinkly any more (glad she grew out of THAT!)-she's beautiful and funny and thoughtful and I love her with all my heart.  

Happy Birthday, Sister!  I love you!  (Thanks for being a girl!)

No comments: