Tuesday, September 30, 2008

BAFAB Week

(Sorry if you stopped by earlier and this looked all nonsensical-I had just "scribbled" down some notes for a future blog, but then I accidentally hit the "Publish Post" button, and I don't know of any way to delete a post once it's out there.  I'm sure there's a way, but I figured it would just be faster if I went ahead and wrote the darn post.)

Apparently, this upcoming week (the first week in October) is Buy a Friend a Book Week.  I learn new stuff all the time!  The idea is you randomly buy a friend a book just because.  I love this idea!  I love books, and I have lots of friends who love books, so this seems like a great idea.  I like it too because it incorporates the idea of random acts of kindness...well, maybe not kindness so much as generosity, but you get the idea.  So, I am officially encouraging everyone to get out there and buy a friend a book!

Now, I realize that not everybody likes books or not everybody's friends like books, so here are some other alternatives to BAFAB week:

BAFAP-Buy a Friend a Pizza
BAFABOC-Buy a Friend a Box of Chocolates
BAFSF-Buy a Friend Some Flowers
BAFD-Buy a Friend Dinner
BAFAM-Buy a Friend a Manicure
BAFABODFFTP-Buy a Friend a Bag of Dog Food for Their Pets
BAFACODFTB-Buy a Friend a Case of Diapers for Their Baby
BAFAMTAWSCLSOCSTTCSMITCET-(Oh come on, at least try to figure it out!)

Nothing?

Ok-Buy a Friend a Membership to a Wholesale Shopping Club Like Sam's or CostCo so That They Can Save Money in These Crazy Economic Times

What other Buy a Friend gifts would you be thrilled to receive?

2 comments:

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

There is a way to "unpublish" a post - just go into the screen where you edit the post, and at the bottom you'll see POST OPTIONS. Click on that and change the POST DATE to a future date. That effectively removes it from you blog. Then you can go back, fix the post, change the date to today, and click PUBLISH.

Hope that helps for next time.

Dreamybee said...

Thanks, Heather! I knew there had to be a way!