1. Dad - When I was growing up, my dad was the disciplinarian in the family, so, from my point of view, he kind of sucked. The worst was that he would talk to you about what you had done and make you think about what you had done and why you had done it. It was a DRAG! Now I can totally appreciate that strategy, and I am glad that I had someone there to instill some values. He spent 15 years driving 120 miles/day to work and back. We could have moved closer to his work, but he didn't want to disrupt the stability that we had between school, home, and nearby family. My dad is also one of the funniest people I know, he is a great story-teller, and he is someone that I genuinely like as well as love and respect.
2. Duck - This was what everyone called my father-in-law. He met my mother-in-law when she was a single mother with 6 kids in tow, fell madly in love, married her, and they proceeded to have another 7 kids. I'm not sure how the early relations between Duck and his step-kids were, but I know that by the time I came into the family, they were all one big, happy family. The kids are all brothers and sisters, there's never been any designations between half-brothers and brothers, half-sisters and sisters. Duck saw them all as his kids and he worked hard to take care of all of them. He was quiet and accepting of everyone and was a great role model for all of his sons and grand-sons.
3. Dancing - I've always loved dancing, and I love to watch others dance-hula, Dancing With the Stars, ballroom dancing competitions, movies about dancing, the ballet, I love it all. I met my husband while out dancing, and while we don't go out dancing much anymore, we still enjoy it when we do.
4. Dirty Dancing - The movie. See #3. Also, as much as I love this movie, it is one of many that totally ruined me for high school. High school was such a let down after watching this movie. There were no family trips to the Catskills. There were no smoking hot dance instructors with whom to have sultry, forbidden love affairs during the summer. As I recall, there were just summer jobs waiting tables at Chinese food restaurants and things like that. *sigh*
5. Dragons - They're just cool.
6. Dreams - Both the kind you have while you're sleeping and the inspirational, goal-oriented kind.