1. Fire - I know this is sort of a touchy subject what with all that's going on in Australia at the moment, but I'm not talking about the started-by-arsonists kind that kills people. I'm talking about the controlled variety you find in fireplaces, campfires, and atop candles, things like that. Fire is just so cool to watch. It's there but it isn't. It dances along above the surface, blue, orange, yellow, wavering, flickering, mesmerizing. I could sit and watch fire for hours. Of course, my definition of watching fire includes a lot of poking it with sticks, adding fuel and fanning the flames along with actually watching it.
2. Fuzzy socks - On days when you don't have a fire to keep your feet warm, fuzzy socks are invaluable. Not only do they keep your feet warm, but they make you feel like a Muppet, and how can that not make you a little bit happier?
is how I roll on airplanes. Hey, it keeps my feet warm on the plane, it's easy to take your shoes off on the plane without having to worry about having stinky feet, it's still easy to put on shoes to go the bathroom, and it makes people in the security line smile.
3. Flowers - All of them. Except maybe the ones that smell like rotting meat. Actually, those would still be fascinating to see, I just wouldn't want to bring them home.
4. Full bellies - In particular, full baby bellies (cute!), full puppy bellies (cute!), and my full belly (I'm not grouchy anymore!).
5. Flying - I'm so good at it in my dreams, I don't know why I can't get the hang of it in waking life!
6. Fireflies - Like little bits of magic floating in the air. So cool!
7. Friends - Both the real-life variety and the TV show.