Saturday, April 10, 2010

Read-a-Thon Hour 12 Mini Challenge: The Mid-Event Survey

Wow, I can't believe we're already 12 hours in!  Shesten wants to know:


1. What are you reading right now? The same thing I've been reading since I started, The Best of The Best American Science Writing edited by Jesse Cohen, but I think I'm going to shake things up and move on to a novel.  I'm enjoying my read so far, but I think I need something I can sit down and sink into.

2. How many books have you read so far? Um...that would be a whopping .215

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?  Probably The Cellist of Sarajevo because I have a pen-pal in Bosnia & Herzegovina or Fables Vol. 2: Animal Farm because that will make me feel like I am making some progress!  Or Cutting for Stone or The Knife of Never Letting Go because I've heard nothing but good things about them.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? No, not really.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?  You mean aside from all the blogging and the nap?  Nope, none at all!

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?  How little reading I've done!  86 pages is all!  

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?  No, so far so good.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?  I would definitely try to get more sleep the night before.  My Read-a-Thon began at 2AM, and I intended to be in bed by 8:00 or 9:00, but as it turns out, I didn't get to bed until about 10:30, then I think I tossed and turned until about 11:30, and then my alarm went off 20 minutes earlier than I had intended!  So, either earlier bed time, or be realistic and admit that I might have to start a little bit late. 

9. Are you getting tired yet? Yes, that's why I gave in and took a two-hour nap.  When my alarm started going off, I would have given about a million dollars for an iPhone or a laptop or something that would have allowed me to blog from bed.  I'm feeling better now though, and I think I might be able to make it through some more reading if I just STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER.


10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?  LOL-No!  Haven't you been reading my answers?  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Readers rule
Readers rock
As the hour grows late
I wouldn’t be reading any John Locke